Monday, April 2, 2012

2012 Daily Paintings



I'm painting again! I'm not going to say I've been painting every single day. That would be unrealistic given my other responsibilities, mainly, taking care of my 1 year old son, and all that goes with it. Nothing keeps me painting than my limited time on the internet and computers in general. Honing in on my unique style painting and playing with color brings such joy to me, and I'm noticing progress with each work. 

Each painting takes 24 hours or less, which can span across several days. I've been averaging about 2-3 a week. At a manageable size of 5" x 7", I can explore simple subjects and different techniques, moving on quickly if I'm not "feeling" it. After the first two, I switched to acrylic. I'm more comfortable with watercolor pencil and ink and needed to challenge myself. So far, I'm diggin' it!

3 comments:

FeltLikeHelping said...

I wish my kids were little still ~ I'd decorate their rooms with your wonderful art!
(someday ... grandchildren!?!)

Earth to Girl said...

Thanks, Felty. I have yet to decorate my own son's room with my art!

TheSnailMailer said...

I love the colors in your works!

Post a Comment